Graebel, Your One Source for Worldwide Relocation & Commercial Services.
In today’s fast-paced, global economy, employee and commercial service workplace relocations pose many questions. Graebel has proven solutions.
We’re your single-source partner for successful, cost-efficient employee relocations and workplace services. What’s more, no one else promises a job well done with seamless global supply chain management featuring services with personal on-the-ground attention to go with it. That's what we call Peace of Mind. Worldwide.
Works with the assistance of Inside Sales Consultant to act as the primary contact for customers and transferees through the management of international relocations including air, sea, and storage shipments. Coordinates and monitors each move according to Graebel International’s Forwarding, Quality, and Customer Service procedures and standards. Responsible and accountable for coordinating successful relocation services for customers and transferees by initiating and maintaining highly interactive communications with customer, accounts, vendors and other Graebel employees. Provides recommendations and responds accurately and timely to transferees in regard to questions or problems.
PRINCIPAL/ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives order from Inside Sales Consultant. Once booked initiates the customer service and forwarding process.
- Coordinates and monitors move services to ensure successful coordination of each relocation from start to finish.
- Monitors the activities of each move and immediately alerts management of escalations.
- Receives and processes the necessary paperwork required for each move coordinated as outlined in the Forwarding and Customer Service Manuals.
- Produces the appropriate valuation documents.
- Accurately processes billing documents within specified department time frames.
- Performs other related essential duties as assigned or requested.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree in International Business, Business Administration or Mathematics preferred.
Three years of relevent expereince acceptable in lieu of formal education.
Knowledge/Experience: Must have sufficient understanding of business principles.
Prior International Forwarding experience is desired.
Licenses/Certifications/Specialized Training: None equired
Skills and Abilities: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures and numerical data. Ability to write simple reports and general business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, customers and employees. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.