(AURORA, COLO) Last week, CR Magazine announced that William Graebel SGMS, chief executive officer of The Graebel Companies, Inc. was chosen as a finalist for CR Magazine’s 2014 Responsible CEO of the Year Award. Each year since 2008, CR Magazine has awarded deserving chief executive officers from companies, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and the government — for having excelled at delivering on their commitments to corporate responsibility.
Mr. Graebel is among a dozen leading CEO finalists who were selected through an open nomination process, and winners will be selected by the Editorial Board in consultation with past honorees. Results will be announced during the COMMIT!Forum Awards Dinner in New York City on October 9, 2014.
CR Magazine Responsible CEO of the Year Award Named These Finalists’ for 2014:
• Douglas M. Baker, Jr., Chairman Of The Board & Chief Executive Officer, Ecolab
• John P. Bilbrey, President and CEO, The Hershey Company
• David Cordani, President and Chief Executive Officer, Cigna Corporation
• Rob DeMartini, President and CEO, New Balance
• Robert C. Garrett, President and Chief Executive Officer, Hackensack University Health Network
• William Graebel, Chief Executive Officer, Graebel Companies, Inc.
• Michael W. Kempner, President & CEO, MWW
• Larry Merlo, President and CEO, CVS Caremark
• Chad Rosenberg, CEO, American Global Logistics
• Rakesh Sachdev, President and Chief Executive Officer, Sigma-Aldrich Corporation
• J. Knox Singleton, CEO, Inova Health System
• Stu Thorn, President and CEO, Southwire
2013, CEO of the Year COMMIT!Forum inductees were:
• Marillyn A. Hewson, CEO and President, Lockheed Martin
• Denise Morrison, President and CEO, Campbell Soup Company
• Jim Murren, Chairman and CEO, MGM Resorts International
• Patrick Prevost, President and CEO, Cabot Corporation
• John Veihmeyer, Chairman and CEO, KPMG LLP
• Charlie Moore, Former Executive Director, CECP (Lifetime Achievement Award in Philanthropy)
• Dan Hesse, CEO, Sprint (Lifetime Achievement Award)
“I am honored and humbled to be in the midst of such a renowned group of global leaders who have demonstrated a commitment to conducting business responsibly. When appointed to ceo in 2007, my goal for our global organization was to adopt the United Nations' corporate social responsibility model; and, for the company to be recognized as the employer and supplier of choice in our industry. Indeed, this honor embodies that objective and is a tribute to the dedication and passion of our global workforce. Around the world, our people put into practice social responsibility initiatives every day. Truly, we have the best people supporting the best companies' relocation needs on the planet. Commitments Made. Commitments Kept.®," commented Mr. Graebel.