For information about Office Moving or other Commercial Services, Graebel suggests visiting this site:
- Health Care Council of IFMA www.ifma-hc.org
If you’re preparing to move, Graebel suggests reviewing these informative links:
- Google Maps – for auto travel and all your navigation needs
- Weather – find out temperature and conditions
- Chambers of Commerce in top cities across the country
- Best Places – shares climate profiles, cost-of-living comparisons and crime rate statistics on more than 1,000 cities
- Mover’s Guide – a cooperative publication between the private sector and the U.S. Postal Service designed to help consumers before, during and after moves
- Protect Your Move – the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration site designed to decrease moving fraud by providing consumers with the knowledge and resources to plan a successful move.
- AMSA, the American Moving and Storage Association’s site, dedicated to making your move successful, including resources like a move planner and safety tips.
- Worldwide ERC®, a non-profit, professional, membership organization committed to the effective relocation of employees worldwide
- Society for Human Resource Management Global Forum
To research your destination country and its culture:
For the U.S. Department of State travel warnings and travel alerts that can change daily.
Researching healthcare and medical conditions and how to secure your medical and evaluation insurance are
important elements to become familiar with before your relocation from the U.S.:
- www.internationalsos.com (for faculty and staff members)
- www.hthstudents.com (for students studying abroad)
These sites feature an easy to use online mortgage calculation tool.
Check out these sites for valuable information about the real estate market, and when conducting preliminary research about home values. When narrowing your home purchase selection be certain to focus on good school districts, any impending construction or public works that could increase or decrease the value of a property.
Search online, by zip code, for appraisers. Check out for-sale properties prices from various angles vs. relying only comparable sales prices or ‘comps’ of similar homes in similar neighborhoods.
Halt up to 80% of junk mail from this site’s Mail Preference Service Registry and click on ‘Remove my name from those lists.’ Online registration is free (or $1 via mail) and good for three years.
To opt out permanently from pre-approved credit offers this website offers a mail-in form.
Buying online greatly contributes to catalog overload. To opt-out just click to this site.
Responsibility for the environment is becoming a way of life and business. Ask your Graebel representative about our eco-friendly processes in place to conserve energy and waste reduction. For eco-friendly ideas for your home or office visit these helpful sites:
Home improvements that may qualify according to Energy Star include: Exterior windows and doors, metal and asphalt roofing, insulation, furnaces and air-conditioning, water heaters and biomass stoves. For more information visit:
With fuel taking a bigger bite out of family budgets, search the Web for lowest pricing using these fuel tools
On the Web:
Check info from desktop application:
Get paid to recycle, if your computer, mobile phone or tablet is in working condition, sites such as these will pay you or give you reward points toward new purchases.
This is where you can find other recycling and certified data destruction companies.
Many schools and non-profits often use ‘retired’ gadgets. Many police departments and shelters have cell phone donation bins. This site helps consumers donate their old cell phones.
Or, try online communities connecting donors with recipients to reduce landfill waste and strengthen communities. Here, you will be on a list serve, and you can inform others you have an old computer or TV you no longer want, and the list serve will be distributed locally, so nothing needs to be shipped.
Another man’s junk is another man’s treasure. Sell your one item or entire home full of stuff virtual. It’s free, unless you upgrade your item listing with photos and with premium page placements.
To find a nearby Goodwill donation site and a tool that will help you calculate the impact of your donation visit:
When it is broken and you cannot reuse it, donate it or freecyle it, sites like these will give you drop-off locations to recycle your e-waste.
Each year, Earth Day marks the anniversary of the modern environmental movement that took place on April 20, 1970, when 20 million Americans took to the streets, parks, and auditoriums to demonstrate for a healthy, sustainable environment. From coast to coast in the U.S. massive rallies took place on that date. To find out more about Earth Day visit these sites about its history, annual events and ideas on how to get involved:
Other websites that offer more sustainable ideas for your home or tout green hotels, vacations or destinations include:
Online Case Status – Check your pending USCIS applications online (requires receipt number).
Appointment Scheduling Service
Export Shipment Identification Requirement for U.S. Citizens- Effective December 3, 2009
- Federal immigration statutes and regulations
- Fingerprinting requirements
- Forms & Fees
- Naturalization Information (General)
- USCIS Field Offices
- Search the USCIS web site
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security – Bureau of Customs & Border Protection (CBP)
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security – Bureau of Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Special Registration Information