Graebel seamlessly brings 52 families to Suzhou China from North America and Asia
Fortune 500 US technology company
- Employs nearly 130,000 people worldwide
After announcing plans to open a new office in Suzhou, China, this Graebel client wanted its 52-member team with their families in place in that city quickly. The employees included new recruits and several current staff members from North America, Beijing and Shanghai.
“Please share my appreciation with the team. They have done a great job in coordinating the number of moves in such a short period of time.”
– Global Mobility Programme Manager, Fortune 500 client
Relocate 52 families to Suzhou, China from North America and elsewhere in China – with a one-month lead time.
The Graebel team in Singapore assigned a project leader and three household goods coordinators to manage the moves. The team:
- Selected air and sea shipping partners and local movers from every originating location — each was specially chosen from Graebel’s network of vetted global partners
- Negotiated rates lower than the contracted rates already in place with several of these suppliers—with savings passed on to the client
- Coordinated with each employee to set expectations and finalise arrangements
- Scheduled packing dates close together wherever practical to maximise supplier productivity, reduce costs and narrow the timetable
- Established detailed timetables with the suppliers and communicated with them on a daily basis to ensure on-time performance and service excellence
Graebel team members and other Graebel executives travelled from Prague and Singapore to meet with many of the arrivals, handle last-minute issues, ensure that expectations were met and assess the service of the local suppliers.
The 52 families were successfully relocated to Suzhou in accordance with the client’s timelines and objectives. Employees were pleased with the personalised service and attention they received from Graebel’s team members and executives from the APAC (Asia Pacific) regional office. Thanks to additional volume-pricing concessions negotiated by Graebel, £17,000 in savings was passed on to the client.